Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Cravings


Info: Vanilla Cupcake Base with Peanut Butter Mousse drizzled with dark chocolate!

Now, peanut butter has not always been my favorite flavor, be it on scrumptious waffles or in chocolate bars. When I was a kid, I would actually SEPARATE the grape jelly from the peanut butter in Smucker's Goober (obviously, I was only after the grape jelly). I have never liked food that is so thick and sticky that it gets stuck on the roof of my mouth and that includes the famous Kuih Mor. I suppose I feel kind of suffocated. Hehe.. I can be quite the drama queen. :S

Anyway, a few nights ago, around midnight, I had this
redonkulous craving for peanut butter!! And I mean REDONKOLOUS! I could NOT sleep!! I could taste and smell peanut butter in my mind. And the ghost of Snickers bar was floating around my head, taunting me. I tried to go to sleep to quell the insane craving but around 1am, I ran downstairs to raid the fridge, trying to look for something peanut buttery (we don't usually have peanut butter in the house as I am the only toast fan and I only take my toast with jam and butter). I contemplated on a Toblerone, but the pricey chocolate bar was no match for a small, cheap bar of Cloud 9 (which was absent, by the way). Alas, I walked heavyfooted back to the cold, cold bed, trying not to think about Peanut Butter.

So, the very next day, I came up with "Peanut Butter Cravings" which is essentially vanilla cupcakes topped with a swirl of peanut butter mousse with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... absolute heaven. I recommend non-peanut butter lovers to try these babies. It's not sticky or too thick. The amount of peanut butter is just right in these cupcakes. :D I shall forever love peanut butter!! Peanut butter mousse is, by the way, GORGEOUS. I never thought I could LOVE peanut butter this much!! I am thinking of making more desserts with peanut butter!


Watch out for THE ULTIMATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKE from Pip Pops! :D





These babies are available at $12 for a 12 pieces. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment


I want to hear from you...

Please let me know what you think to help me improve. (pippops.mail@gmail.com) THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
All materials contained on this web site are owned by Pip Pops and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Pip Pops.