Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And the rest is history...

Hellewwww children! :D

I can't believe it's already November!!!! Time really jets by this year for me. And Pip Pops is almost 8 months old! Woohoo! Who would've thought I'd get this far. :D Alhamdulillah... Thank you everyone for your support!

I would like to share with you a little story of how Pip Pops came to be. Truthfully, this cupcakery was never, EVER planned! It really was quite an impulsive decision, like most of the good things that have happened in my life.

About eight months ago, I was baking cupcakes for one of my best friends' birthday Ratna. You would think I made the cutest, most ambrosial cupcakes that day since it was the moment Pip Pops came to be. Unfortunately, it took me FOUR hours to finish a dozen cupcakes. I was in tears!!! The chocolate wouldn't melt properly and it kept on curdling. I had to go out and buy more and they still curdled and burnt. I was LATE for the birthday. And I was going through expensive chocolate like a chain smoker.

After four hours battling in the kitchen, yanking my hair out, almost breaking down in tears... my friend Lyds who was there to help marched me straight into the shower (to freshen up and cool down... or maybe let me cry in private! LOL!) and let her handle the situation. She managed to salvage the curdling chocolate with a little butter. Though, I was such a purist in the sense that I didn't agree with the taste.

Fortunately, the birthday girl saw past the weirdness of how the cupcakes looked. The cupcakes were, funnily enough, a success story ( maybe because of all that love incorporated into the cupcakes??) . In fact, her cousin took some home for her friends who asked whether I was selling the cupcakes!!! With a push and encouragement from my friend, I finally plucked up the courage and decided to sell cupcakes.

And the rest, they say, is history....

:D

I had (and still have) confidence issues (will people like my baking? will I overcome my shyness in meeting new people?). But with my friend's encouragement, it was the push I needed after wanting to sell cookies and cupcakes for the past eleven years. :D

Who would've thought I'd have met so many new and wonderful people and helped in some way with celebrating birthdays and graduation?

Thank you everyone!! :D
The cupcakes that started it all... As sad as these were, they were the only ones with a face!!! Can you see a face on the bottom left? Hehehe.. In case you're wondering, what those white balls unceremoniously strewn about among the cupcakes, those are not Kuih Mor. Those are chocolate balls. We had a lot, and I mean a LOT of salvaged chocolate. LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


I want to hear from you...

Please let me know what you think to help me improve. (pippops.mail@gmail.com) THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
All materials contained on this web site are owned by Pip Pops and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Pip Pops.