Saturday, November 21, 2009

Offee Banoffee Pie

There's been a request for Banoffee Pie for quite some time now (thanks for the request!! And I'm so sorry for the delay! Hehehe) and I only managed to whip up some last Thursday. :D It was also the perfect opportunity because we had a family get together... children would be around (my number one fans! XD ) and there would actually be people (apart from myself and my parents) to eat a giant piece of Banoffee Pie. So yayyyy!!

A Banoffee Pie is essentially made up of a biscuit crust, a layer of bananas, a layer of dulce de leche (toffee or caramel are the less snooty names hehehe) and topped with freshly whipped cream, garnished with dark chocolate. YUM!!!!!!


My Banoffee Pie was a smashing success (yayyyy!!!!). Though, I was so amused when the kids requested that I NOT put bananas in. I said that it wouldn't be BANoffee Pie then since there's no banana. The response: It's alright. They are happy with just OFFEE Pie. XD Hehehe!
All in all, the bananas weren't such a problem because they enjoyed the pie nevertheless. :D I was so pleased when a cousin insist she smuggle the last quarter home! LOL!! I hope you guys will enjoy my Banoffee Pie too! :D Yes, with bananas! :D

PS: I only had less than a couple of hours to prepare this pie, so please excuse the awful pictures and presentation! IT WAS A MESS! I didn't have the opportunity to take a decent picture of a slice of the pie, so you'll just be viewing messy plates!!


Eeee awful!! I was extremely in a rush I just basically poured dark chocolate all over the pie!! Hehe! Whoops! I'll make sure yous will be pretty! :D


A jumbled up mess!! But everyone loved it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment


I want to hear from you...

Please let me know what you think to help me improve. (pippops.mail@gmail.com) THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
All materials contained on this web site are owned by Pip Pops and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Pip Pops.